Here's my list:
What's important to me at home:
- My family - my wife and little girl (soon to be with us!) and also my parents, brothers and niece and nephew.
- My god children - I want to be a positive influence.
- My friends
- Music - I couldn't live without music.
- My house
- Managing finances
- Watching good TV and films - I'm very particular about what I watch, and most of it is on Sky+ or on DVD - I watch very little live TV any more.
What's important to me at school:
- Being a good teacher - I want to help my class meet their potential and enjoy learning and I want to do this to the best of my ability
- Being a good listener and a positive influence on colleagues and pupils
- Promoting the use of technology and innovation as much as I can through my work as ICT Co-ordinator
- Showing support to people and ideas I believe in
- Listening to (and acting on) the student voice
- Leading my team to effectively work within the head's vision and school improvement plan
- CPD - I want to acquire new skills and knowledge to improve the way I work and the effect my work has on others
- Being involved in whole school initiatives
I guess this must be my 'current' list as I'm sure if I'd done this a few years ago it would be very different, and I expect it to be different in a few years time. But for the time being, these are the things I need to focus my time upon.