Wednesday 31 December 2008

My 2008

It's been a really busy year both in my personal life and in work.

My own personal highlights of 2008 are:

  • Celebrating our engagement and making arrangements for our wedding in April 2009.
  • The birth of our beautiful niece, Emily.
  • The birth of my beautiful goddaughter, Florence.
  • Being asked to be Florence's godfather.
  • Being Best Man for my best friend's wedding in June.
  • Being Groomsman for my brother at his wedding in August.
  • Attending two stag dos, one at Stockholm and one in Prague.
  • Surviving a really busy year in school. The summer and autumn terms were particularly stressful - but I've done it!
  • Arranging the helicopter visit to school.
  • Surviving the credit crunch (so far!) It's not been an easy year financially as Lisa was not working for six months and we have a wedding to save for!
  • Discovering Twitter, Toodledo, Delicious and Zamzar - brilliant tools that I don't know how I survived without!

This blog has been viewed over 16,000 times in 2008 (according to Bravenet) and Monday is the busiest day for hits.

The best tunes of the year are:

  1. The Killers - Humann
  2. Estelle & Kanye West - American Boy
  3. Duffy - Mercy
  4. Kid Rock - All Summer Long
  5. The Outsiderz & Amanda Wilson - Keep This Fire Burning
  6. Taio Cruz - I Can Be
  7. Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
  8. The Ting Tings - Shut Up And Let Me Go
  9. Nickelback - Rockstar
  10. Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal & Chrome - Dance Wiv Me
  11. Alphabeat - Fascination
  12. Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me
  13. The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
  14. The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
  15. Madcon - Beggin'
  16. Keane - Spiralling
  17. The Potbelleez - Don't Hold Back
  18. Razorlight - Wire To Wire
  19. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
  20. Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

Top Films of the Year:

  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • The Dark Knight
  • Quantum Of Solace

Top TV Programmes of the Year:

  • Gavin & Stacey
  • Summer Heights High
  • Lost

Plans for 2009:

  • Have a wedding that Lisa, myself and everyone enjoys
  • Get fit
  • Get a more powerful computer
  • Get a better work-life balance
  • End 2009 in a better financial position than it begins.

I hope you have had a successful 2008 and I wish you a wonderful 2009. May the best of 2008 be the worst of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment